Volunteers and Contributions
People experiencing divorce often have to endure the grief and hard choices that follow all by themselves. NFRC is committed to creating a community of support and caring, but we need your help to continue to do so.
As a private, non-profit organization, we depend on contributions to support our programs for children, young adults, and parents. Our model of prevention and support plays an important role in the formation of nuclear family and community partnerships.
We gratefully acknowledge and appreciate the individuals and organizations that have generously supported our Center, both through financial contributions and with their time and energy. It is through their help that we are able to continue to reach out to families, improve the lives of children, and inform the community about the many aspects of divorce.
The following corporations and foundations have supported NFRC over the past 11 years:
Allied Signal Corporation
Bank of America
Bolduc Family Foundation
Brown and Associates
Commercial and Farmers Bank
First National Bank of Maryland
Gilbert and Jaylee Mead Family Foundation
Governorís Office of Crime Control and Prevention
Horizon Foundation of Howard County
Howard County Grant in Aid
Howard County Health Department- Substance Abuse
Judy Blume Foundation
Lakeview Title Company
Montgomery County Health and Human Services
Peck Family Foundation
Provident Bank of Maryland
Riggs Bank of Maryland
Ronald McDonald Childrenís Charities
Sequent Computer Systems, Inc.
State of Maryland Department of Human Resources
The Manekin Corporation
The Rouse Corporation
The Ryland Group
United Way of Central Maryland Community Initiative
Visions Marketing Group
Winer Family Foundation
While each of these organizations and foundations have given generously to NFRC, the needs of families in transition continue to grow. In order to continue to fund our programs and services for families, we need your help.
If you would like to support the work of the National Family Resiliency Center, Inc., there are many ways that you can contribute.
- Contribute through your local United Way Campaign. If you live in Maryland or Washington DC, use the following numbers. If you live outside of this area, you can write in the National Family Resiliency Center, Inc. on your pledge card.
- Central MD Combined Federal Campaign #3062
- CFC of the National Capitol Area #9117
- Maryland Charity Campaign and United Way of Central MD #2900
- Sign on to Amazon.com via our web page, (see the top of our homepage). In addition to selling our nationally acclaimed books, Amazon.com will donate a portion of the proceeds to our orginization from any of your purchases when you access Amazon.com through our website. Next time youíre shopping for books or CDís through Amazon, remember us! It does not cost you any more but we benefit!
- Purchase some helpful NFRC books for children or parents who you know are experiencing a major family transition. click on the NFRC bookstore on this website to see helpful and supportive publications for families.
- Corporate Matching Gifts
A number of companies have a matching gift program. When making a contribution to National Family Resiliency Center, Inc. (formerly Children of Separation and Divorce Center) of cash or stock, check with your employer to find out if your company matches charitable contributions.
Over the years, many NFRC friends have offered a contribution in honor of or in memory of someone special to them. Our staff will acknowledge your gift to the person you designate or their family immediately upon receipt of the contribution.
- Make a tax deductible contribution directly to NFRC. You can send a contribution directly to our centerís headquarters at:
10632 Little Patuxent Parkway
Columbia, Maryland 21044
- Make a tax deductible contribution via this website (it is a secure site) click here.
Your charitable, tax-deductible donation can help NFRC provide much needed clinical and educational services to children and their families who are experiencing the trauma of divorce. Your donation is vital for the children, teens, women, and men who need guidance and support through a very difficult process. A copy of our financial statement is available upon request.
Thank you for your generosity.
To receive more information and/or updates from NFRC about programs, events, publications and other news, please click here.