Divorce Education Seminar Certification Training
Breaking the Cycle of Destructive Divorce
This CEU credit course is designed for experienced mental health practitioners with graduate degrees, who work with families coping with major transitions.
NFRC’s Parenting Seminars were developed in response to clinical experience with thousands of families, and concentrates on bringing the parents’ focus onto the needs of the children, while acquiring an understanding of how those needs evolve and change based on the developmental stage and age of the child.
Upon completion, the practitioner will be certified in how to:
- Conduct an educational parenting seminar.
- Lead constructive sharing by all participants in a group discussion..
- Manage the intense emotions of participants as they share divorce-related concerns, attempts at problem resolution, and feelings about changes in relationships.
- Empower parents with the skill, insight, and resources that will enable them to work constructively as co-parents.
- Guide parents to make responsible parenting decisions based upon the evolving needs of their children.
The training format of this program incorporates:
- A discussion and analysis of videotaped scenes of children and parents talking about divorce-related experiences.
- Sessions in which practitioners practice teaching each segment of the content material in a mock Parents Seminar, and, time permitting,
- Observation and active participation in teaching a portion of an actual Parenting Seminar.
The program content includes:
- How to cope with the grieving process
- What parents and children experience after separation and divorce (the emotional, social, financial, and work/educational impact)
- Explaining divorce to children
- Changes in parent-child relationships
- Discussion by child/youth and parent panels
- Child development and the impact of divorce at each age level
- How parents can help their children through each developmental stage
- Making healthy decisions based on the needs of the children
- How to build a constructive co-parenting relationship
- Parent Peer Panel Presentation on:
- Positive coping strategies as a single parent
- Communication between parents
- Support for single parents
The NFRC copyrighted training materials included in the training fee are:
- Leader Manual (one copy), which summarizes the seminar content and provides concrete suggestions for presenting the material.
- Parent Manual (one copy), which outlines the content taught at the Parenting Seminars, and offers specific suggestions to help parents deal with issues on a day-to-day basis.
- Licensure, which, in addition to certification, is required by anyone wishing to purchase additional copyrighted materials for use in conducting Parenting Seminars.
Additional NFRC copyrighted training materials available for purchase by certified Parenting Seminar trainers with appropriate licensure include:
- Children’s Panel and Parent’s Panel Videos, which include the video presentations of peer panels addressing critical areas related to the family’s adjustment of divorce. $75 each
- Leaders Manuals $10 each
- Parenting Manuals $7.00 each
CEU: Category II: 5 hours (or 11 hours with active participation in a NFRC Parenting Seminar)